Our CASA office is always in need of volunteers who may not have time to become an advocate for a child, but could provide help with additional needs. The “Friends of CASA” program of Anne Arundel County serves that purpose. Consider the following opportunities:
- Administrative Assistance: Assist office staff with clerical duties such as helping with filing, mailings and photocopying.
- Fundraising: Assist staff and/or Board of Directors with fundraising activities, including raffles, auctions, identifying fund sources, grant research, etc.
- Special Events: Participate in the planning and coordination of special events, such as volunteer recognition events, receptions, galas, golf tournaments, etc.
- Public Relations/Recruitment: Prepare P.R. material prior to special events, periodically distribute P.R. material to local organizations (e.g. libraries, clubs, churches, etc.), update media contact list, etc.
- Professional Services: Provide pro-bono or discounted services (e.g. printing, accounting, etc.). Businesses that donate goods and/or services receive acknowledgement in our newsletter.
- Create Your Own Project: Anne Arundel County CASA, Inc. will gladly consider projects and ideas other than those previously listed.
If you would like more information about joining “Friends of CASA,” please contact Rebecca Tingle, Executive Director at 410-267-7877 x.6 or click here to contact us.